Friday, April 4, 2008

Is it f$%^ing spring yet?

No, I'm not whinging about the weather here in the Northern Hemisphere.

I've just grown tired of the end-of-winter edginess on display in most of the online cycling forae (forums? forii?) I frequent. From petty quibbling and "verbal jousting", to dragging out deceased equines; from whipping oneself into a lather over the frickin' pronunciation of phrases borrowed from other languages, to self-panicking over cloddish insurance ads; this is the third year I've watched environments normally notable for courtesy drop into various forms of uncouth online behavior.

It's not universal, by any stretch of the imagination; but it's there.

And yes, I'm well aware of the irony of posting a rant on the subject; but my blog, my rules, dammit. :-)

No comments: