Thursday, March 6, 2008

Impatience is not a virtue

I'm heading out to RBR to build up the new P-38 this Saturday.

I've been thinking about this bike for years; done some parking-lot test rides, and always felt like it just fits me. And now, I get to set it up, take a picture or two when it's complete, and beat the ever-lovin' snot out of it this year. Heh.

It's a custom build; XL specs for strength and load capacity, build to L dimensions; I figured that, since I was gonna be using this thing hard for the next few years, I may as well ask Tim Brummer to overbuild it a bit.

Aside from the bike, I've got a 406 Velocity SON wheel and lighting system coming from Peter White, and I'll probably get a couple of the Fastback products for hydration and light cargo duties. All that, plus the usual misc. reflective bits, tail lights, pump, tools, spares, etc.

Pictures will be posted after I get it built up.

No comments: